Monday, May 4, 2009

For Kaden

"Mommy, I love you as big as the whales."


And I love you.

As deep as the ocean

And just as wide too

As smelly as all the animals in the zoo

I love you as big as the mountains,

As tall as the trees

And yes,

As big as the whales that swim in the seas

I love you here and far

From the grass up to the stars

I'll love you forever

I'll like you for always

Through your best, your funniest

And your most michevious days

I love you as wet as the rain

On the gray coast of Maine

And as dry as the desert on the sunniest day

I love you more, I love you most

I love you in every big and little way.

2 comments:

MyKelle J said...

Oh I loved it! Thanks for making me tear up at work, lol

John W. May said...

Happy Mother's Day, Kendra... I love your poetry.